For food manufacturers, applying hygienic design principles enables operational excellence, improves efficiency, generates savings, and increases uptime. In our Hygienic Design Certification pathway, you’ll gain the tools and skills to apply, improve, and maintain hygienic design in your food processing facilities.
Earning the CFS Hygienic Design Certification builds professional credibility, provides career advancement opportunities, and proves your knowledge and commitment to hygienic design. Our recertification program—required every three years—will ensure your education is up to date.
- Implement hygienic design principles for equipment and facilities
- Develop strategies for making a business case for hygienic design projects
- Drive temporary and long-term hygienic design solutions at your company
- Impact the design of equipment and facilities to improve food safety and operations
- Create cross-functional teams working toward a shared goal to solve design issues
The Hygienic Design Certification uses a blended learning approach that combines digital learning, in-person training sessions, and live-remote learning events. Participants will complete:
- Five prerequisite online modules
- An in-person Hygienic Design Training session
- Additional online modules to deepen hygienic design knowledge
While learning at your own pace, you’ll be able to connect regularly with CFS Food Safety Specialists who are available to answer questions and provide clarifications.
The Hygienic Design Certification is completed with a final case simulation that offers the opportunity to apply what you’ve learned as well as a personal growth reflection exercise.
Any food industry professionals—in addition to designers and engineers—who are looking to further develop their hygienic design knowledge.
The cost of Hygienic Design Certification is USD $2,195 / EUR €2,195. But you can get started at no cost today. Register or login to CFS Institute and try the Hygienic Design Introduction module free.